- The Bikers will meet at Kollonade shopping centre early in the morning.
- The Bikers will then at a specific time leave in one group, escorted by three vehicles, Chris to notify Benji Simelane (082-909-9147) when they leave the Kollonade.
Upon agreement of this letter, it will give Bakwena great pleasure to offer the following as Bakwena’s contribution and continued support towards the annual Motorcycle Toy Run.:-
- Full exemption at K99 (East), Zambezi (North), Pumulani (North) and Maubane (South) for all bikes and three vehicles. (within the escorted group).
- The “spotter” as provided by Chris, must please drive in front of the group, report to the dedicated lane and communicate the said agreement to Toll Collector. (Dedicated lane will be confirmed by our Benji Simelane).The “spotter” must then acknowledge that the group is through, and then the free passage ceases at Pumulani North, Doornpoort East and Maubane South.
- The procession then moves towards Carousel and then gets off at the Carousel Casino Bypass entrance, just before the Carousel Mainline Plaza on the left hand side (not the mainline plaza).
- The dedicated group of bikers and the three vehicles will once again be fully exempted. The “spotter” as provided by Chris, must please drive in front of the group, report to the bypass kiosk and communicate the said agreement to attendant. The “spotter” must then acknowledge that the group is through, and then the free passage ceases. Bakwena will discuss with Andrea from Carousel and discuss the handling of the monthly Carousel invoice.
- When the function is over the members must leave Carousel via the R101 South, and get onto the highway at Hammanskraal South ramp plaza.
- Hammanskraal South and Maubane North will then be exempted for all motorbikes related to the Toy Run, up until 15:00 thus emphasising the weekend rush cut-off.
- The Pumulani South, Doornpoort West Mainline plaza would then also be exempted until 15:00 for all bikes that form part of the Toy Run, travelling in a southerly / westerly direction.
- For bikers travelling from the north, the suggestion is for them to exit the N1 at Pienaars and get onto the R101, the same applies for the return journey.
The 15:00 cut off is because we experience extremely high traffic volumes on the N1 South on the last Sunday of every month that actually peaks between 14:00 – 17:00. We want the bikes off the road by then for safety and congestion reasons.
Please note that NO exemption exists for any bikers at any other Bakwena toll plaza except for the ones indicated above and also the travelling groups and times agreed. Members to please refrain from harassing Toll Collectors in order to gain access at any other plaza.
Chris will arrange for Marshals and Metro police in the morning, Bakwena will arrange for the afternoon.